hi

hi

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

kick it trill trill

Oh man, suddenly getting very tired. I did some biking, and that...ooh. I'm out of shape.

So my trial on CS5 expired, and Josh and Carmen have CS4, so while you can go forward with files, you can't go back. So I spent the afternoon rewriting my resume in CS4. Goody. It looks about the same, though I can't remember the type sizes I used. Tomorrow I shall make a "regular person job" resume, and start applying to not graphic design places. Though there are a few jobs in my "to apply to" list that are artsy. It seems like in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area there is a lot of seasonal jobs coming up, so if I can get one of those, I can get the money rolling in and then I can make connections and try to get an art job before summer ends. Ya know? I think that is my main plan of attack.

So tomorrow: make a not so art focused resume and apply to jobs. Also plan a Carmel course of action (there is a desk job that you have to apply for in person, and it seems like they are doing mass hirings, so it seems a good chance, plus it is just nice to get out of the house.)

Carmen wasn't feeling well. Something didn't agree with her. She just now discovered that saltines are good for an upset stomach. That and ginger ale.

I had a sandwich and snacked on this and that.

In the evening, it was Erin's birthday, so we biked over to her place. Biked into Golden Gate Park and down through the "panhandle" which is some sort of bike short cut thingy...thing. It was a good ride. Not too bad. Met lots of new people, and some people (well, Adam, Vanessa, Stephen) are becoming familiar faces. Had some soupy vegetables. Talked movies with Adam. Played some Wii. I pointed out to Erin that her roommate drinks the same whiskey that Ron Swanson does (Lagavulin).

The bike home was tougher. The last hill. I just can't do it!

I have things to do tomorrow. Need to make some real progress. REAL BIG AWESOME PROGRESS. I've been in San Francisco a week now, just about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck

Dad