hi

hi

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

open house interview

Ahhh had my first interview today. It was an open house type thing for Theme Party Productions. They need carpenters and scene painters, and scene painting seems well varied and pretty cool to do. Yup yup. There were only a couple other artists there, Chico, Jenny, and Carla (?), so it was good that there wasn't a major amount of competition. We got a sum up of the company, and I tried to remember as many things as possible to bring up when I met with Jill, the owner, in the one on one. While waiting to talk to her, I chatted with the other applicants and looked at portfolios. I had some thoughts after leaving the interview about what I should have said, but isn't that always the case? She liked my portfolio, though I don't have the most amount of this type of work. Still, maybe I'll get a chance? That would be cool. I think I would really enjoy being a scene painter. Would be a lot of variance and stuff, and I like when things get changed up. So here is hoping! Good first experience. I need to list out different ways I can make myself be the one people want to hire. Practice practice practice!

Earlier in the day, I went to Safeway and did some food shopping, and I went to CVS to look for watch batteries. I did not find any watch batteries, but I found a squeegee for the glass shower. Hurrah!

I also amassed a list of more jobs to apply for. These ones will need massively specific cover letters and resumes, so that will be my tomorrow. Just gotta keep applying. And hoping.

Also tomorrow there is a Machine Zone open house, so that will be a good chance for networking and talking and advice getting. And maybe I'll stop by the Swatch store in Stanford and get a proper watch battery. Hmmm.

No comments: