hi

hi

Monday, February 20, 2012

no more nights in Mats Mats for a while

Oh right, didn't write up Sunday. Because I was at Mats Mats.

Sunday:

Forget what I had for breakfast. Mom came home to rest and regroup and tend to house things. We headed back to Mats Mats together for the night. Grandma was a bit discombobulated when we arrived. Dinner was a stir fry. I talked to Nathan on the phone for a while. After Grandma went to sleep, we watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was better than I expected it to be. Sorry, don't remember much about Sunday.

Monday:

Dad found some bacon, so breakfast was an eggs, bacon, and toast extravaganza. Grandma was in a better state. I sorted through more photos. Aunt Joyce arrived! So now one of us doesn't have to be in Mats Mats every night. A break. Which will be nice. I got through, what I hope, the last of the old photographs. The Alaska, Joyce and Joe childhood, young Grandma and Grandpa photos. There are more photos, but glossy ones of quilts and grandchildren. I won't be scanning those. Just the ones of Grandma in a hula skirt, Grandpa gnawing a crab, and my dad as a young cute dork.

Ma and I headed back in the Prius. We soaked in the hot tub, and that was nice. February is so mild. Dinner was left overs. Dad came back in the small red truck. We watched Willow, and I played the MapCrunch game where you turn off location help and get dropped off on a random road in Google Earth (using the MapCrunch program) and try to find an airport. It is fun. I got lost in Tokyo and gave up after hours of wandering.

Tomorrow I'll put on an audiobook and scan scan scan. Sounds like a plan plan plan.

No comments: