hi

hi

Saturday, November 12, 2011

you know you are a pacific northwesterner when...

Friday:

Slept a bit in. Had poached egg on toast with melted cheese. Worked on portraits. Delayed the rest of the happenings because of said portraits. Eventually we got on our way. Picked up a chipper shredder. Went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. Tasty chowder made with hand dug razor clams. Ma makes good chowder. There was also pie, but I had no pie. It is apple pie or nothing for me. I learned that my great grandma, when she was over her clam limit, would stuff clams into her boots. Ha! At 7ish or so, we departed for Pulali. We snacked and watched TV. I watched Fringe. And then we watched an episode of The Saint, and then the start of a New Zealand vs France rugby game. The haka that the New Zealanders do is SO NEAT. I think I could get more behind sports if they all chanted and did a power dance of sorts. France sure looked intimidated, and seeing as how they lost, it worked! Huzzah!

I read some of The Sisters Brothers and went to bed.

Today's Portrait Is: Matt Smith.

Saturday:

Woke up to a plate of bacon. Thanks dad! Yay bacon! Made myself a cuppa tea and got to work with the chipper. Hauled wood into the rented chipper. It chipped. I got smacked in the eye with a piece of wood, well eye lid. Could have lost an eye, but I didn't. Thankfully. I need my eyes. Also got smacked in the arm quite a few times. The chipper is a dangerous thing. Took a lunch break with chowder and toast, then back to work with more shredding! Finished. I helped hose down the machine. Spent some time trying to warm up in front of the fire, and was all bundled up on the way home. I still have the sniffles, even after getting into warm clothes and soaking in the hot tub for a long while.

Tomorrow is a work on flash stuff day. Gotta work on my flash stuff. And portraits. But mostly flash.

Today's Portrait Is: John Barrowman.

No comments: