hi

hi

Monday, September 19, 2011

drive Drive drive

Got this pounding headache out of nowhere, but I took a couple Advil and it seems to be going down.

Alarm went off at 7:15, rolled out of bed an hour later. Dad made me a delicious salmon sandwich for lunch. Munched on Cheerios on the way to school. I should have left a bit earlier, because even with the new parking lots at Olympic College, at 10am it is all full up. I ended up parking near the curb in the art parking lot section. Sort of okay but not really.

Wandered around the art room section and eventually found the elusive 113. I have sort of missed the mixed bag of students that show up for Olympic College courses. Returning students, moms, running start, all sorts. Pretty much the opposite of PNCA's skinny scruffy crew.

First class was Illustrator with Jonathan. Got a nice long lecture about how he doesn't care if we miss class (or rather he doesn't care about finding reasons for this and that, he isn't going to track us down) and got a lengthy talk about how to save stuff and some basic this and that. We start in on Wednesday. My textbook better arrive soon. Should be an interesting class. Lots of projects.

Class ended early, so I went to the library and had a great little chat with my old boss Michael. Caught up a bit on all the changes. Olympic College now gets funds for students who complete, not for the number of full time enrolled students. LAAAME. Because I'm full time right now, but they get no money for me because I'm not going to complete (all though I already got my degree four years ago).

After our little chat, I sat on the lawn where the Humanities building used to be and read and ate my sandwich.

The next class was Flash with Clydene. Some of the people from the first class were in this one, and we did proper all around introductions. There is a Digital Media Arts program now, well there was and now it is closing down. What the hell OC?

The class was mostly a lecture about the history of Flash and file sizes and vectors and then got into a PC vs Mac rant, and those are always exciting. Each serves a purpose.

Taylor, a guy who was three years behind me at Klahowya, is int he class. Recognized him right away.

Had a nice drive back home. Chilled for a bit and then went to Silverdale to see the movie Drive, one which I have been anticipating for months. Nicolas Winding Refn is fast becoming one of my favorite directors. He just knows how to put stuff together. Yeah, that wasn't the most articulate thing I've said. It was so beautiful. The colors vibrant but not distracting. The actors great. Sometimes a bit overwrought but generally awesome. The action had a punch like nothing I've seen in a while. Solid film. Can't wait till Refn's next.

Ma and pa tucked in to bed when I got home. I did the internet thing. No homework yet.

Oh dang, I have to do a portrait. I'll do one tomorrow before school. I don't have to leave till noon, so I'll be sure to get up early. Time to get a sleep schedule again. I think my goal will be a 7:15am alarm Monday-Thursday.

Todays Portrait Is: Ben Whishaw.

No comments: