hi

hi

Monday, August 1, 2011

oh crud, it is August now

Annnnd the weather turned just as soon as we got one nice day. Ma and Pa went off to Whaling Days. I tooted around on the Internet and then spent a large portion of the day in the Girl Cave finishing the quilt front. I got all the squares assembled and sewn together. It isn't the neatest quilt with the greatest of points. In fact a lot of the points are mucky. It looks nice assembled though. It looks hand made. I'm working on the border now. Just have to get fabric for the back and for the edge and the batting and then stick it together and then BOOM done. They come together so fast. It is six by seven squares. A big quilt. Its scale sort of makes up for its less than ideal execution. I call it charming.

Anyhoo, didn't do any reading. I don't want to power through the book any way, that is no fun. That isn't really reading, that is just reading words. I'm a slow reader because I take time to think. Or I think too much.

I spend so many days doing nothing when there is so much that I need to do. It is August now, where the hell has summer gone? I guess it is just two months out of Portland, but it feels much longer. And I guess two months is a long time to still have things in boxes.

Todays Portrait Is: David Duchovny.

No comments: