hi

hi

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

dragons!!!!

Woke up to a new pile of books outside my door. As long as mom keeps finding books, I'll keep entering them on Amazon.com for her. Yup yup.

Had some oatmeal and tea. Went into town at about one to go to Barnes and Noble. The book I needed to acquire was George R.R. Martin's A Dance with Dragons. The fifth installment in his A Song of Fire and Ice series. Fans have been waiting six years for this book, I've only been waiting a few months since I finished the last audiobook during my thesis. The book is over a thousand pages long and is quite hefty. A mammoth tome that will hurt my hands to hold and read. Oh well.

Returned home and entered mom's books into Amazon. Drew some portraits. Then satisfied with the days tasks, I sat on the couch and read read read. Darn good reading thus far. Read till mom came home and read some more. I stopped to walk with her to get the mail and then later in the night we went to pick up dad from the airporter drop off. He seemed to have a lovely brief time in San Jose.

It started raining later on in the day. Boo!

On Sunday I'm going to see the final Harry Potter movie with Meghan (a PNCA grad who lives in Kitsap and is quite cool). Whee!

Didn't do any more quilting. Don't know how much I'll get done as long as I have this book to read.

Todays Portrait Is: Chevy Chase.

No comments: