hi

hi

Monday, May 30, 2011

farewells go by so fast

I told ma and pa yesterday to come by at 10am. Wouldn't you know it, they came at 9! I had just enough time to shower and pour a glass of orange juice. There wasn't any parking available right on the street so day parked on 23rd. I ran down to school for a quick errand but found the school to be closed. Ma and Pa were busy taking nails out of the walls (that Natalie had left in and I hadn't bothered to take out) and they also took down my curtains and this shelf that Natalie had installed. Little needed to be packed up, so that was good. Just bedding and my computer. Before I knew it, it was time to load it all up. Dad double parked on 22nd and we got to it. First went in my chest of drawers and shelf stuff. Then my bike on the side. Then folding shelves. Boxes. Tubs. Boxes. Shelves. Little tubs. It all stacked and stacked and stacked and compacted. It went in so nicely and then BAM the mattress went on, I was hugging Kristen and Mark good bye and giving her my keys and then off I went. It just, ended. I was out of Portland before 11.

We drove through Castle Rock, trying to see the rock that looks like a castle, though it was nowhere to be seen. Stopped at a McDonald's for lunch. I napped the rest of the way home. Arrived at 3:20ish! Huzzah!

Spent about an hour getting the boxes and stuff into the minibarn. So much stuff. I unpacked the necessities (makeup, hair stuff, clothes) and Dad made quesedillas and I had a soda. Mom gave me a garden tour and then we settled in for some Wii and watched an episode of Doctor Who (Amy's Choice) on Netflix instant streaming. Now it isn't even 10pm and I AM IN BED. What the hell?

Tomorrow I will whip out another batch of portraits (need to get ahead again, especially since I have a vacation coming up).

Todays Portrait Is: Meg White.

No comments: