hi

hi

Sunday, May 29, 2011

days gone by, keep going by

Have my apartment packed up now, aside from my bedding, drapes, and rice cooker. Tomorrow will take some crazy Tetris skills to get it to all fit in the truck bed.

Rolled out of bed at 11ish. Showered. Tidied the bed up. Put my tubs and boxes on the bed and got to filling them up. Had a salad. Went to Mac and got some blush and eye liner. Got a card. At 3ish, Mom and Dad got into town and picked me up. They got a room at Kennedy School, which is a McMenamin's establishment. They took an old elementary school and converted it into a hotel/pool/theater/restaurant/bar. There are several little bars tucked away here and there (one in the old boiler room) and a large restaurant. It is really cool and expansive and I got lost a bit. Ma and Pa got a room named "The Art Room". How fitting. I had a blue cheese and bacon burger at the restaurant. Ma had the ahi tuna, dad had a different burger. Very good stuff. Movies are free with hotel room rental, so after dinner we went to see Rango. The animation was so good, though some of the character designs were a little too real for their own good (some things just don't make cute talking animals). Just amazing what we can do with technology.

We swung by Fred Meyer's on the way back home. Got some stuff, then I was dropped off at home. And spent a few hours packing the rest of it all. Food stuffs, toiletries. Still have some bits and bobs I'm sure.

Last night in Portland. It came and went so fast.

Todays Portrait Is: Jack White.

No comments: