hi

hi

Friday, April 22, 2011

our slothiness

Goody goody, Thursday. The best day of them all because I have to get up early and do stuff mostly all day long.

So I got up. Had a mediocre breakfast. Got to school a couple minutes late but didn't miss much. Class was filled with work time on a sort of thank you collaboration for the people who came in and talked to us during the semester. Kristen W and I walked to Quiznos and I got a sammich. Then we returned to class. After lunch Martin came in and fielded some questions about thesis week. Kristen RB brought us cookies and showed us some of her current work, which as cool to see. Then it was early out of class time. I went to the screen printing studio and printed some Save the Sloth bands. The Sloth is PNCA's mascot and there is a vote to change it to, like, a narwal or something. So Karen, Morgan, myself, and many others are lobbying for the continual presence of the Sloth. Tradition! Heritage! And it isn't that bad of an image, considering how long sloths have stuck around despite all the odds. Reason would dictate that an animal that metabolizes food so slowly and thus moves so slowly would have died off ages ago. But it still prevails! Sloths are almost against the laws of nature and survive. Just like artists. Anyway, so I cut up some old shirts and printed on them. Some of the bands were a bit short, but they work for arm bands as well. I printed 30 and by the time I left school, I had given them all away. Only one person wasn't in support of the Sloth. They were in the "everything changes" camp.

I wore my headband with pride.

Yoga had a very long final pose and I just went into it. It felt so very good. Last yoga till after focus week. Hung out with Karen afterwards. Then went home. Watched Community (which was FANTASTIC) and Parks and Recreation (which was adorable).

Now I'm extra tired and have a long day ahead of me. The thesis speech practicing begins.

Todays Portrait Is: Tamsin Greig.

No comments: