hi

hi

Saturday, April 23, 2011

henna is a fun process

Okie doke, the time draws ever closer.

Was late to my meeting with Martin, later than I intended but I thought I had an hour (because I asked for a spare hour, and he said at regular time, he may not have noticed that I said hour). But he gave me a fair amount of time. Anyway, I ran through my speech for the first time before meeting and it was more bumbly that I expected. Ran through it again. It still needs organization and depth. Just a lot of work. And more practice.

After class I tried to meet with the thesis paper help guy in the library, but he wasn't there. Still, I worked on my own paper a bit. It is amazing how much a simple read through can edit and break things apart. I didn't even read through the whole thing. Blimey. Anyway, did that. Then I went to Safeway and got some conditioner and took out some cash to change into laundry quarters. Changed the dollars into quarters. Went to Lush and got another brick of henna (each one is good for three henna treatments) as well as some other Lush treats. Mmm Lush, it is always all so good. Anyway, went home and slathered my hair up with henna and wrapped it in saran wrap and got to doing what needed doing. Laundry, dishes, trash, writing, that sort of stuff. I left the henna in for a long time, because you can do that with henna. Right now I can't tell the difference. I'll see how it is come morning. I pick the subtle auburn shade, because I just want that extra red oompf as opposed to BAM RED. I like that it gently fades, and so no roots show. Also that it is more a healthy hair treatment than a damaging awful chemical one. Yaaay.

I'm feeling pretty tired because I got up early. So I think I'll go to bed and try to get up early again. Nathan and Rubie are in town, so I need to be productive if I'm going to hang with them.

Todays Portrait Is: Dylan Moran.

No comments: