hi

hi

Monday, April 18, 2011

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!







Today I finished printing all 17 posters for my Senior Thesis at Pacific Northwest College of Art.

Y'all know how much labor this is. I wish I knew what my final project would be at the start, so that I could have had, say, 30 finished posters. Just show something really really epic. Just art and color and posters EVERYWHERE. But this amount is pretty damn awesome. I love it. I'm not tired of my thesis at all. In fact, I just want to do more art. But nope, have to do my speech. Have to do my paper. So that will be what consumes the next days and weeks of my life: paper and defense. But honestly, I'm not too panicked about my speech. As Martin says, I have all the stuff there. I just need to organize it.

Anyway. I got a slower start than I wanted. Woke up with my hands hurting. I need to be in better shape to get through all this printing. Got the portrait done. Had a little breakfast. Got the text done. Went to school, scanned and edited the text. Went to the studio and emulsified my screens. Went to the library and printed my text. Exposed my screens. While the screens dried, I went to Chipotle and got a burrito. Ate half that burrito. Then I got to printing! Listened to That Mitchell and Webb Sound, a very funny radio comedy sketch series. After I finished the four color layers, I ate more of the burrito and talked to Robin. Then it was back to printing! I did the drawing fluid for the second print layer and then the emulsion. This guy I didn't know spilled tons of emulsion while emulsifying his screen and then left. A big freaking puddle! I was really pissed. Why leave that on the ground? It doesn't exactly dry fast and no one wants to step accidentally in emulsion. Also, generally you shouldn't emulsify a screen if you don't plan to expose it the same day. But it was obvious by the guys screen emulsifying technique that he didn't know jack diddly about the method. I cleaned up his mess for him. Grrr boo. And it only took a minute to wipe down and wipe away the spilled emulsion.

Anyway. Continued printing and it all went really well. Switched to listening to Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (I finished Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yesterday, the third in the Millennium Trilogy, the book made the least interesting of the three movies but as a book it was phenomenal, I think because the content plays out better in writing, where as with the first two it is told better visually, and also when it comes to the third movie they edited out some great moments from the book). But now I won't be listening to so many audio books. I won't be printing anymore.

I got out of the studio at 1:20am. Pinned up my posters. Now I am home and waiting for Game of Thrones to download. I don't care that it is 3am. I'M WATCHING IT.

Todays Portrait Is: Christian Bale.

No comments: