hi

hi

Saturday, April 2, 2011

oh bed, why are you so lovely?

Uhg. Gosh. It was horribly waking up. I was exhausted and sore. I even had my cell phone alarm set to 10am, and still that felt too early. I kept resetting the alarm at random amounts for an hour and a half and then I finally got up, showered, ate some breakfast. Drew my portrait.

I got to my meeting with Martin right on time. I just took my bag of posters and dumped it out on his table. He said "these look great". We set aside each of the nine and looked at them as a set. He was mighty impressed. Sort of a "yeah, you have the visuals down and it works" meeting. It felt really good. Didn't talk about much, just sort of established where I am, and where I am is "I have a bunch of posters done, HUZZAH". He said he will wait to have a complete set of posters, but that he wanted a Samala one for now, as that is his obvious favorite of the lot.

After the meeting, I wandered and gave out posters. Then yoga. I think I like the Friday classes the best. I slow down the most and it really resets my state of mind. It was a small group as the weather in Portland today was GORGEOUS. Sunny and warm enough to not need an oppressive coat.

I swung by the studio where Karen was stressed and finishing her print.

Oh also, I got a nice print from Dom in thanks for the print I gave him, that is to say the print of him that is a part of my thesis that I finished. Glad he dug it.

Back home I chilled and relaxed. Then 7pm rolled around and I left for the print exchange shindig. I didn't have time to make something, well okay I totally had time I just couldn't think of anything, so I just bought some booze on the way there.

Liz, BT, Phil, Morgan B, Jalissa, Lacey, Asha, Heather, Daniel, Karen, Mel, DeAnne, Diana, Me, Beth, Heather, and some others were there. Some stayed various amounts of time. I drank. I ate. I exchanged. The prints look pretty darn awesome. I even drew some people, and as I sobered up the drawings got better. I may have got art for two to three more posters! Hurray! Asha made a delicious pasta salad that I gorged on. Not all the prints were actually turned in, so I left my edition there to be picked up later when the rest of the prints are in. We didn't play any games or watch any movie, mostly just talked and consumed.

It was a rainy but inconsequential ride home. Now I'm pretty tired and I have a lot of work to do on my paper over the next couple days. Whee.

Oh and it is UK Month at Portraitoday. Whoo!

Todays Portrait Is: James May.

No comments: