hi

hi

Monday, January 17, 2011

bags and dresses

Another day of morning texts and early afternoon plans. Karen and Phil came by at 12:45ish and picked me up for a trip to the East Side and The Bins. Viva bulk Goodwill! I was mostly in it for the trip out of the house. Anyway, it was a nice bright day in Portland, though still a bit brisk. At the Bins I found a nice bag, perfect for days when I need more than my cloth bag will carry but less than a Trader Joe's bag. Also found two cute dresses and a copy of The Velveteen Rabbit. And a nerf gun. Came up to seven bucks, perfect. Just gotta wash the clothes and I'm good to go. I bought a Snickers as well but then I dropped half of it on the ground. Booo! We then drove looking for stuff to eat. The food cart court was mostly closed for the holiday, so we went to Fire on the Mountain for wings and beer. I had a nice Oatmeal stout. Karen didn't have anything as she was driving.

And that was it for that trip. I've taken up the habit of blogging the first chunk of my day, once my portaitoday uploads, so I don't add extra hits to my site by constantly going there to get links to the images. It is nice. It cuts down on the blogging time, and the early details of the day that I usually skimp on get summed up with more attention.

Went to Trader Joe's. When will my favorite seaweed snacks come back? Booo. I'm going to give yogurt another chance. Oh dang, forgot to buy salad dressing. I'll go there tomorrow. Anyway, got some yogurt. The kind that doesn't have bits in it. Because I have issues with texture, especially chunky gritty things in viscous dairy. Got some sauce and pasta.

Then my Monday night TV line up started. Microwaved myself the butter chicken masala and basmati rice meal I got from Trader Joe's. Made some tea. Put my feet up and watched a good episode of House. Matthew Lillard as the "sick person of the week" was good. Had a yogurt. It was technically a chocolate yogurt parfait...it was good. Then when Lie to Me came on, I pulled out my thesis stuff and started sorting out the next four months of my lifes. Focus Week is the last week of April. So keep that week open if you want to come to Portland and see me defend my work. Anyway, drew out calenders. Made to do lists. Sorted out what needs to be done and when. February is mostly technical and prep and research and decision making. Then near the end of February and straight through to April is drawing and printing and drawing and printing. Basically a poster a week, with a couple weeks here and there as "design" buffer weeks. It is a soft schedule, a draft. Now I have Harry's Law, the new Kathy Bates show on. Thankfully law shows are just chatty, so I can listen to it from my own room while I blog. It's a goofy little show.

School starts tomorrow for everyone who has class on Tuesday. Class starts on Thursday for me.

I'm wearing my new birthday sweater today. Love it. So cute. I really like my new 'do. It is the hair that I want to have. Wavy and stylish.

Todays Portrait Is: Colin Matthew.

No comments: