hi

hi

Saturday, January 22, 2011

23 years young






Oh boy! It's my birthday!

In the morning a package came from Auntie Celia. Perfect wonderful timing! I got some tights and a Zappos gift card and some nice incense. With the tights, I threw on my nice dress that I wore for Harmony and Peter's wedding, a black sweater, my Chucks and I was ready for a nice day of looking good.

Oh, I also opened the presents in ma and pa's box from home. Got a teavana tea thermos, some fancy blooming tea, a collection of short stories edited by David Sedaris, Chris Ware's sketch book (the one from 95-02)...awesome tacular!

Also Kristen gave me some lovely lipgloss in a fabulous subtle color. Goes great over my Lush lip tint.

I got my stuff together. Had some tea and toast. Got my MP3 player and walked down to school. I scanned my print proof drawings and brought them into Photoshop and arranged them into several different compositions. Printed them out. Unfortunately the print studio was occupied with a class, so I couldn't get the print in just yet.

While wandering around I heard "Hey, Carmen's cousin!". Molly! The girl I went down to Eugene with for the Odd Owl concert! She is going to be an MFA at PNCA! Totally neat.

I met up with Martin in his office. It was a good meeting. Mostly talked about ideas and thoughts and different subjects and planning the semester. Now I just need to do it.

There is a big pile of art in one of the Illustration rooms. I dug through it looking for my art, and the art of my friends. I didn't really find anything of mine, but I found stuff of Dom's, Samalas, Lacey, and Madeline. I took it to my studio, dropped off some stuff, walked back to school.

BT and Karen were at school, waiting to go to Rogue with me! I dropped my proof off, and off we went! Also ran into Dom, Jon, and Sivonna and told them to come to Rogue to. They said they'd come by in a bit. If you are a member of Rogue Nation, which I am, you get a free 32oz beer and a free shirt on your birthday! I ordered my usual oatmeal stout. I could barely hold the mammoth thing with one hand. Everyone else had reasonable sized beers. I also ordered myself some fish and chips. When I was picking out my shirt, Dom, Jon, and Sivonna came. Beth came by near the tail end too. It was a nice little day-of celebration. I wandered back to school with BT and Karen. Printed out Brynne's chili recipe. Walked back home. No biking today. No drinking and biking.

Once home I put up my feet for a bit. Made cupcakes. Watched Fringe. Decorated cup cakes. Talked to Mel. Spent my Zappos gift card on a pair of red, white, and silver Kangaroos. I'm excited! They look comfy. Now I'm pretty tired. Tomorrow I have to go get chili and make it. I don't think I have much else that I have to do. Just sleep, shower, eat, and enjoy being born.



Todays Portrait Is: Madeline Conn.

No comments: