hi

hi

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I can't bother talking, just going to leave notes

I can't stop being exhausted. But I'm plugging along.

Good ol' Homeland class.

Kristen and Matt gave some presentations. The theme of today's class was banquet. So lots of reading about good food and genetically engineered food. Whee! Duford brought up a good point about how food is sort of the new cause that people fight for. Or something.

Karen got me a slice of pizza for lunch because she owed me a pizza debt from a few nights ago. Went to the post office after that.

For her project, Kristen made a sort of country fair display featuring corn and corn food and corn products. The smell of the popped corn was nauseating. All the food was yellow or beige and when it was piled together, it looked gross. Bleh.

Hannah on the other hand made flax seed bread loafs and made her own butter and brought in jam she made and one her husband made. It was so delicious, all of it. Perfectly sweet and salty. I told her that my mom always said that a man who makes jam is worth marrying. Okay in truth my mom never said that, but it seemed like a good comment to make at the time. And why wouldn't a jam making man be worth marrying? My mom just never urged me to go after boys and make one my husband, jam maker or otherwise.

Finally Gabi (Gabbi...Gabby) made a quilt referencing the 7000 years of agriculture and how it is beneath us...and stuff. Uhm.

Then we all watched Food Inc. Goddamn I don't think I can eat any meat for...like 19 hours. Uhg. Really depressing and eye opening to learn where it comes from. Meat and grain and all that. Really informative, if only I hadn't nodded off in the last 15 minutes of it.

Had a final chunk of discussion then it was done!

Cut and stapled my zines. Got a 10 minute rest on the couch and then it was yoga time!

Just me and one other student. I should have requested more shoulder work. Mine are in terrible shape. Bleh.

Last night I went to get some ibuprofen and noticed the 180 capsule bottle I bought last semester was three-fourths gone. So I left a passive aggressive note simply staying that Katie should get her own because these were mostly gone and I barely had any of it. Big bottles of pills are expensive, that is why I bought a lot so that I wouldn't run out any time soon. She wasn't pleased about the note, but I can't be bothered to be confrontational anymore. I just need to finish this semester and get home and more importantly: away from here.

Had some pasta. Watched The Pacific. Then I put on Ravenous and worked on my illustration stuff, which is a two part poster for Ravenous! In the full length of the movie I only got the text done. I'm doing two posters, same title text. One will feature Carlyle's character, the other Pearce's. I'm excited for this.

No comments: