hi

hi

Monday, May 3, 2010

swoon! find your people!

I like Monday. I don't have to write as much. It is pretty much way over my head, computer, food, nap, yoga, go home. All though, I did do something different after yoga. But first:

Way over my head. Damn existentialist phenomenology. I started out almost having a grasp of it, now it has all gone to hell. Kind of just sit there and try to focus. I'm so screwed on the final project. I'll do it...but if I get a B in the class I'll totally be please. Computer. Scanned in my sketchbook and created two 11"x14" 300dpi files ready for fancy printing tomorrow. Did a mock up to make sure the layout is correct, and it totally is. Posted some more sketches. I just want to print print print, don't want to do anything else. Blah. Food. Got soup. Didn't have the good bacon and potato soup though. Meh. Also got a pity parfait because I didn't get the Big Giant internship. Oh well. Keep at it I guess. Nap. Got a good one and a half hour one. I didn't nap that much for the longest while, and now I really look forward to them. The library couches are that good. I shared the long one with Sivonna. Two napping illustration majors. Yoga. Did some modified, assisted bridges. The sun was out and I was positioned right in its path, so I was warm and toasty. And then... Swoon. Swoon is a street artist turned installation artist turned "I'm going to make a boat with a bunch of people and sail down the river in it" artist. Totally rad lady. Her art is phenomenal. Just exquisite figure drawings. Some are cut paper, some are wood block. They are quite individual as well. She talked for about 45 minutes, and then answered a few questions. Her main advice was to "find your people". Find your group. Find your collaborators. Find those people that make art and will encourage you to continue making it. I think I have a lot of these people. For the boats, check out: http://www.swimmingcities.org/ Home. Well first, Karen, Lacey and I went to Pizzacatto and got some slices. Mmm. BT, Chloe, Ursula, and Agnes were also at the Swoon lecture, but they went their own way. Now I am home. So tired. Tomorrow I get to print!

No comments: