hi

hi

Thursday, March 25, 2010

plenty of pretty posters






Karen joined me for printing, and it was super fun. I used the dredges of one emulsion bucket to coat my screen, which ended up being a huge mistake. The dust got lodged in the emulsion and washed out when I washed out the stencil. This means that I had spots and dots where I didn't want them. So I removed the emulsion. Karen coated another screen using the good emulsion, and that would have worked perfectly if she hadn't put the stencil on the exposure unit backwards. Silly Karen! Coated another screen, which ended up having the detail wash out after I exposed it. Don't know why it was having so much problems, but anyway, we just traded off printing on the one worked screen and it went really fast. And as we both could take breaks, neither of us got overly exhausted and weary. Chatted and had a good ol' time.

Total poster count: 275.
I have some of just the text, and some of just the figure. I'm going to pull some for keeps but the rest I will mail to Carmen tomorrow. I'll miss all my hard work.

Afterwards it was Chipotle time! I covered Karen and she is going to cover me on a meal next week when I help her print. We were able to enjoy about an hour of good day light.

Went back home. Watched Justified. Switched from Firefox (which kept freezing whenever I tried to upload a photo and video was really shaky) to Google Chrome. Now my browser feels as fast as the rest of my computer. Wheee!

It took a long time to sign and edition all my posters. I went through them first just counting 1...2...45...46...89...101..130..157..199..220...234..235...270...275....just to make sure I had the correct amount, and was happy to find I did. So much printing. But they came out really nice.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

SOOO pretty! I'm so excited to see them in the flesh!