hi

hi

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

beat by the squeegee

Ahh so bloomin' exhausted.

I wanted to be out the door at 1, but left at 2. The school didn't close till probably 10pm, so no biggie. Had breakfast, washed my hair. Now that my hair is so long, I don't like washing it. Takes so much time and it dries poofy.

Anyway. I decided to put both images on the screen and try to print two posters in one swoop. It went well until I got to printing. The pulls were not coming up. So instead of struggling, I cleaned off my screens and started fresh with just one single Odd Owl layer on a screen. It took twice as long to print, but it was largely flawless printing. The colors went from turquoise to dark blue to light blue to gray green to rich green back to a gray green, and finally a nice pastel. A really nice color story through that layer. I used up five things of left over ink, ink that would probably be washed down the sink once it goes bad. Counting off the posters, there were 277 of them. I printed about 50 every 25 minutes or so. A lot of work to do by myself, but I had the radio and company. Karen was around, as was Tabitha. Karen said she would help me print tomorrow, and even if she does it for an hour, that will be an hour where I am printing twice as many. It looks good. I'm very happy with it. Sure it sucked having to redo the emulsion, but while that was drying I cut paper and ate lasagna.

My legs hurt so much right now. I took the streetcar home. I was just not up for the ride back. Katie made clam chowder. I took a small bowl of it and used it as dipping material for bread. Mmm. Watched Lost, great episode. I wish there was more Richard in the show in general, I really like his actor (Nestor Carbonell, he plays Batmanuel in the live action version of The Tick). Then I watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure. So fun. Hit the spot so well. I can't quite believe it came out in 1985.

More printing tomorrow. Whoo.

OH! Some dingbat totally left a scoop full of emulsion out. If Tabitha hadn't have caught it, it may have damaged what was a new scoop. People are so all over the place. Have to have some responsibility for messes! Argh.

No comments: