hi

hi

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

four by four

I love sleep.

Put my hair in braids so that when I take them out tomorrow morning, my hair will be super wavy and awesome.

Homeland had two presentations about Place. Travis showed a lot of Internet based artists, who do work with staging things as the Google van goes by, so when you do street view on Google Maps, you go past people sword fighting and all that. Kirsten did hers on street artists like Barry McGee and Margaret Killgallen. Pretty cool. Lunch came fast.

Enlarged my Odd Owl pieces on the photocopier to see how they will turn out. They turned out quite awesome. Not sure if they are the most eye catching from a distance, but they do look good.

We feebly talked about the book, and then got onto a tangent about place and manufacturing and migrant workers and suburbs and communities and lots of things. That was a productive conversation. Heather shared her snacks with our corner. I should bring snacks next time because I mooched a bit much.

Heather did a piece about this cliff in Port Townsend. Really beautiful stitch work, but it had some questions about the artist statement that accompanied it. It is this cliff that people throw things off of. Never heard of the cliff, but it was a cool piece. Another girl, who has a name I can't remember, did a print about the seasons. Each was from the same block which depicted evergreens and it called attention to how in many places the seasons are not like pictures books, and in fact don't change. There were four prints and under each had a different season hand written. Matt recorded audio from his walk and we listened to the trudge of the path he took. Nature is really noisy if you listen right. It was a good recording, and even though it wasn't a planned scenario, there was a great build up through it. Lana overlapped stock footage of Alaska and footage of her body and dubbed it with narration of her last trip to her parents place. It was also neat.

The final project in class is time based. We either have to affect a 4x4 foot place over an extended period of time, or research and report a community. I think I'll go the 4x4 route, as I have ideas already.

I scanned and tweaked and emailed Carmen the Odd Owl posters. Yoga was a lot of stretches. Nothing too harsh. I'll be sad to be without it during spring break.

Home! Took some reference photos of Katie. Not doing a picture of Katie, she is just a good model. Watched Six Feet Under. Sketched. Relaxed. Tomorrow is a short day. Whoo!

No comments: