hi

hi

Sunday, September 6, 2009

war and wigs

Guess what I woke up to this morning? If you guessed a severe case of the Internet gone-awaysies then you would be right. Blargh. Again. The Goose Hollow desk people say that we should write a letter to the property manager.

Without the net, I can’t access the Freud reading assignment. But it isn’t the only thing I have to read. Worked on the Bible some more. Revelation 2:23 was a little redundant. “And I will kill her children with death.” Yeah. Of course death will kill someone. DUUHHH. Still, that whole living creature and sacrificed lamb and seals stuff. Neat.

While watching Saving Private Ryan, I worked on my Illustration assignment. For the Slang assignment I am looking at foreign words. The Albanians have 27 separate words for moustache and an equally different number for eyebrows. There is the Czech Vyspat se do Cervana/Rusova. Which means to sleep into the red, or to be well rested. The Ullans/Northern Ireland has daberlack, which is to have wild untamed hair like seaweed. Some fun stuff. Have a couple rough sketches.

Today’s TBA was Miguel Gutierrez and the Powerful People. They were performing Last Meadow. All the James Dean references were lost on me. I met a PSU nice theatre major named Mark. We sat next to each other and talked about words. He knew the word for the fear of long words (it itself is a very long word).

The show. Uhhh. It was either great or unbearably loud. Some wonderful intense dancing and then some weird reinterpretations or deconstructions or whatever the kids are calling it these days. Some parts I was lost, others I became very distressed, and sometimes I couldn’t get the smile off my face. It was a real mixed bag but the performers really gave it their all. I saw Neal Medlyn, who composed the performance. I wanted to say something to him but I didn’t. I feel like dancing now.

No comments: