hi

hi

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

gold shimmer eye shadow rocks

I'm still picking the ink out from under my nails.

A nice morning. Ate some oatmeal, creme cheesed up a bagel, and rode to school. The bike parking is crazy full now. I discovered that Sonoma is the scooter bandit. That is, she is the person who parks her scooter with the bikes to avoid paying for parking.

We took a long walk in monotype. Walked up to a thrift store to look at fabrics and scavenged material along the way. Talked with Tarryn and Chelsey and Robin and Tom. It was a great day for a walk.

I wasn't all that psyched about my prints. I scratched into one with my fingernail and did a drawing but it didn't turn out that well. There is a bleed print that I am happy with. I just printed the string and stuff that was left over from the stencil print that I did. Finally, Tom gave me a quick demo about painting with the ink and I did a quick print with that. The ink was very hard to move around. Didn't move at all the way I am used to painting. Have to relearn how to draw with each new medium. I was satisfied with the print and was pleased to be moving on to the thing I wanted to take the class for. I don't mind stencil printing, it just isn't how my mind words. Patsy did a breathtaking piece. That girl sure can print.

During lunch was the first meeting of the Illustration Drawing Club. We had a portrait party in the library. BT, Daniel, Kim, Bekka, Madeline, two foundation students whose names I didn't commit harder to memory, Jay, and Lacey were there. I did a couple little portraits and we all sat and gabbed. It was fun.

Rest of the evening was spent with udon and eggs and the bible and other readings. I was taking it easy a little too long because then I remembered I have to get up a lot earlier on Wednesdays than any other day of the week. Oh well, week is almost over now.

Neal Medlyn is tomorrow night! I can't wait.

No comments: