hi

hi

Friday, September 11, 2009

milkoholic



Blaah I'm tired but I don't want to skimp on the day's reportings.

The first hour and a half of Illustration was devoted to walking about and taking pictures. The goal was to find flat compositions in our everyday surroundings. Focus on color and shape and all that over subject matter. Madeline, Chase, and I walked down to Tanner Springs and wandered over towards the train tracks. Took pictures of grass and buildings and stuff. We crossed paths with Danny on the way to the rooftop of Hot Lips. It was a mistake to go past Hot Lips because then I got a craving to have pizza for lunch.

Lunch rolled around. And I got some pizza and bread sticks. Darn it! Oh well. Sat with Bekka and Madeline in the library.

After lunch, it was critique time. We have a magnetic wall in the room so no more painful thumbtacks for us! Awesome. It took an hour and a half to cover the thumbnails but we covered them very well. My slang is down to either daberlack or spit roast. Madelin and Kristen are both doing cockney rhyming slang. Danny is doing double sawbuck. Soloma (or is that Sonoma) is doing cat's pajamas. Rachel is doing weeabo. The critique of "shorty" was hilarious and very matter of fact about what defines a shorty. I have a better idea of what is expected from a thumbnail now. Not that mine were bad, just all over the place. After a break, we played with our photos on the computer and made them colorful and stuff.

Then homeward bound! Watched my guiltiest of guilty pleasure TV shows and did my laundry. After my laundry was folded, I went to see Carter's Erased James Franco.

It was a short video at the museum theatre. The same place where someone removed my bike seat from its column to steal my cheap, and not working, bike light. Erased James Franco is a reference to Erased De Kooning. It is a deconstruction of a film which I haven't seen so I didn't get the references. It was mostly deconstructed acting. Whatever that means. It sounds right. A lot of it was one half of a conversation and non sequential but still wildly entertaining at times. Really hard to pinpoint. Franco was charming.

I sat next to ANOTHER GUY NAMED JASON. Oh my golly, where do they all come from? We chatted but nothing more came out of it. My bike seat was still in place. Went back home and watched Glee and So You Think You Can Dance. The former had really bad lip syncing and the latter was fun fun fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is time for you to do a Portland comic wall like in Brussels. Take the flat motif and bring it to life. Maybe take one of your pictures and do the wall up virtually with computer graphics.