hi

hi

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

have you ever considered not talking?

I did this morning without tea, go me. For the first hour and a half, Robin, Bryan, and I sat in a little group and critiqued each other's memoirs. Swap. Read. Fill in a sheet. Bryan and I had the smaller of the memoirs so we got through them right quick.

We broke for lunch and I went to get a burrito. Went for the cheaper, just bean variety. Didn't enjoy it as much as the chicken and Mr. Green Jeans wasn't on the special menu. Finished some writing during the break, scanned my sketches for the reading response, and got back to class.

Then we all put our memoir illustrations up on the wall for critique. Danny's was nostalgic and well unified. Mine was well received, aside from a few compositional quibbles, Bryan's digital gamer art worked well, Amanda/Allison/Why can't I remember her name's horses were some of the best out of the class (really strong illustrations), Kristen rendered the battle against dishes and moving quite nice, and this primary colored tryptich by a girl who I have only had this class with, well it blew us all away. Nothing but postivie comments, and understandably so. They fit well, the composition was perfect. Just great art to see. I didn't think too highly about some of the other pieces and I tried to voice that as nice as possible.

Daniel Duford came in to give us a little history about comics. We have to do a graphic chapter from our memoir. I'm sick of the thing, I don't want to do more stuff about it. And I don't like writing comics about myself. Oh well. It was a good history. Introduced me to some names I didn't know, but a lot was just a repeat of what I have learned from being a nerd. After his lecture, a few people got into a livid debate about animation and art and comics. It seemed strangely nasty considering the context. Still adjusting to some new, strong personalities.

Class was over right on the dot. I went to the other building and grabbed my yoga monoprint. I photocopied it much smaller, and in the photocopy I wrote in the dates and details for free yoga. It is twice a week now. The kind ladies in the library loaned me some highlighters to make the poster pop a little more. I plan to put them up tomorrow.

Returned home. Katie had gone to the Church of Scientology for her art & anthropology class. They had to go to a place that they felt uncomfortable and analyze it like an anthropologist. Katie returned with tons of pamphlets about dianetics and top secret recorded audio. She, Luke, and I watched the free DVD. Well, I watched the new episode of Mad Men and then joined them for crazy Scientologist antics. None of it was really clear how so many people got magically better, they just said that they did after reading the book. Just weird.

Then I watched the season premier of House. I also sketched out some things to possibly paint in class tomorrow. I think I shall retire early, even though I don't have to get up for 10 hours. Retire and read.

AAANNND it happened again. Right as I hit publish, my net went down. Thankfully for only 4 minutes and my post saved this time.

Karen: I want to go thrifing with you! p.s. OMG his foot!

No comments: