hi

hi

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

gotta...save money. must make my own meals.

I just noticed that I've been blogging in the "edit Html" section for over a year and a half now. I should be in the compose window. Now I can write and my text is in the nice font that it appears in on my blog. Whoo.

I forgot to mention that yesterday, my bike chain slipped off my bike and got jammed. I stopped outside of Hot Lips Pizza (the one near PGE Park) and struggled to pull the chain out of its jam. I was about ready to walk my bike to the Max, when a nice man emerged from Hot Lips and helped me flip my bike over. He proceded to help me remove the jam and get the chain back on the teeth. I thanked him and left feeling a lot better about Portlanders.

Alright. Today. Monotype. The first two hours (we went until lunch) was spent with a special guest. Tom the teacher's friend Tom. He showed us his portfolio and his monotypes and then gave us a demonstration. Honestly, I only liked about 3 of his monotypes. The rest seemed to blend together in terms of style.

I was planning on bagel + creme cheesing it for lunch but alas I was out of bagels. Safeway was the next, boring option. The by pound food rung up more than I expected but when I left, I noticed the guy did not beep my drink in the machine. He looked at the receipt so he knew that he only charged me for one thing. How nice. It was filling and carried me through the day. TOMORROW. Tomorrow I will go shopping. Pasta. Bagels. Meat slices.

Sat with Jon W. during lunch. Put up my yoga posters. Then I printed. I rendered my daberlack drawing on a big sheet of plexi. I muddled up the face when I was almost done and wasn't able to correct it to a point that satisfied me. Not quite happy with it, but oh well. Used up a full sheet of Rosaspina paper. Printed a triptych of three smaller square plates. Redrew some stuff from my sketchbook.

Left school at 5:15. Sweated. I am tired of it being hot. I keep dressing for it to be cold, but it never is. Relaxed for an hour. Drew for a few hours. Struggled to get the man poses down. When Katie came back, I took some photos. Now I am going to finish that up. Right now the net is down, but I'm hoping it will come back in the next few minutes.

No comments: