hi

hi

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

goodie goodie goodies

Woke up to my phone’s alarm. My dream was reaching an exciting point, so I was disappointed that I couldn’t see it finish. I came with one suitcase and I am returning with three. One of them is packed inside the other in a Russian Nesting Luggage way of being. The other is Grandpa’s old suitcase. It has books in it.

Dad stayed behind. Basil was nowhere to be seen. I have a sliver on the back of my hand. I have not received a sliver in ages.

The drive to Tacoma was relatively uneventful. The traffic got tight around some construction but we made it perfectly on time. Checked my two suitcases and sat with mom. I rifled through my New Yorker clippings.

They say it is a fully book train. I seated myself with three other strangers. We have a table but I prefer having my laptop in my lap. It’s a nice day.

I’m thinking up names for my Jade Plant. It seems to be doing really well with its new soil. Sookie the Succulent? Jade Pinkett Smith?

Katie and Gabe were waiting at the train station. Waiting for meeee! It was so delightful. Gabe brought the hand trolley, even though it wasn't entirely needed. Luggage took a while but it eventually came out. The Max was only one train segment and it filled up fast. Then it got stuffed. It looked like Leverage was filming downtown as well. It was a shove to get off the max but we did it. The apartment is pretty much how I left it. That is to say it is still messy. Next four hours were a relaxation period. Mmmn. Dinner was rare cooked steak with goat cheese mashed potatoes and nice garden grown green beans. Mmmm. And it was arranged in a tower.

At 8pm it was time to head to Diana and Robin's for that is where Karen will be during her stay. She wasn't there so Diana and I chatted while Red Dwarf played in the background. Eventually Karen rolled in. We hugged and I was all happy about the short return of Karen. Yaay! And she brought posters. She brought a nice poster for each of us and a pile of cast offs to pick through? Guess what person my poster was promoting?

Ahhh it's such an amazing poster! It is above my bed. I want to put it in a better spot. The night was just Diana, Phil, Tabitha, and Tabitha's boyfriend Tim. We chatted and gossiped and caught up. Shared some stories. Shared some swag. I have some posters to give to other people, those who could not be at the sweet party.

Now it is late and I must sleep.

No comments: