hi

hi

Friday, July 31, 2009

papa berger

Bleh. Feel terrible. Short disrupted sleep does not work.

Started the day with helping Doug and Rick move Karen's stuff. Doug is Karen's pop and Rick is his friend. Phil and Andy Bone came and helped, as did Gabe. Karen has a HUGE amount of stuff. It filled a whole Uhaul. The kind with the attic space, not the trailer. And I mean filled. Books, shelves, clothes, craft things, couch, cabinets. Tons of stuff. That little lady is more of a collector than me, she just has organizational skills.

Gabe was blown away by the scale of the boxes. He had not seen her place before. We worked for two hours. I mostly helped by keeping doors open. I'm not good at lifting. At noon Andy left for work and the rest of us got pizza. Mmm Pizza. Good ol' Bellagio's. Doug, or rather Mr. Berger, is really nice. He lives in Poulsbo. They upgraded from Bremerton.

The rest was the light stuff and cleaning. I scrubbed the walls a little bit and swept. So empty. I wonder how many boxes I'll move out in. I have a lot of books and clothes, but my trinkets are mostly small things. Have the decoupaged chest of drawers and the head lamps.

Karen's Ikea shelves were trashed. The Billys fell apart as they were lowered to the ground. They were fully decimated by the boys.

We were all paid in checks. That's right. Paid. I made money today! I could go buy mom another birthday present. But I won't because my bike has a flat tire! The tube must have a hole or something. It can be filled with air but once I sit on it, it goes flat in a minute. I don't like to walk. Very lazy I am. It is also hot, I don't want to spend more time in this weather than I have to.

Mailed a few letters. One to Karen, one to Llyw. They were bulky and the lady behind the desk gave me some hassle about their irregular shapes. Some mail to my traveling friends. Put my check straight into my Key bank account. I went to the downtown branch. They were much nicer there than the one on Burnside. The lady who helped me had a really pretty name. Enjoille I believe it was.

Kind of checked out for the rest of the day. Napped. Alternated between a couple television programs. I think I'll go to sleep early. Still need to pack.

1 comment:

Lady said...

Where you going?