hi

hi

Thursday, July 30, 2009

journey to the east

Starting to cool down. And by that I mean 88 degrees or so.

Didn't quite sleep in but I took a nap later on.

J and I had a little girl date. I walked to Fox Tower and met her for the 5:15 showing of (500) Days of Summer. A movie about love and how devastating it can be. Also a good movie as well. Believable characters, swell acting from Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey "Trillian" Deschanel. It fit together nicely. Nonsequential narration but still easy to follow. Sad but not heart wrenching. A good movie.

After we braved a few more minutes of sun and caught the number 12 to the other side. Riding a Portland bus! First time I've done it in ages.

A few blocks took us to 24th and Burnside. The Screen Door is a cozy, jam packed little place. Very warm with cute waitstaff. J and Gabe both said it was good. I trust their opinions of food. I ordered a Mint Julep because J ordered the Porchswing Lemonade. I wanted the lemonade but felt weird ordering it as well. I should have just ordered it. Not that the Mint Julep was bad, it just isn't my kind of drink. I had the screen door plate, which is any combination of sides you wish (well three of them). I had mac and cheese, fries, and a pork chop. It came speedily and was scrumptious! We ate and drank and I ended up rambling a little bit much about a certain subject.

The sun descended and so we left. J went back to the other side with me on the 19. So sweet, even though it was going in the other direction for her. The only max available was a yellow so I walked the rest of the distance. The breeze from outside is nice now.

Tomorrow I have to run some errands, buy a train ticket (I'm going back to Washington for two weeks, starting this Sunday), and go celebrate Tom's birthday. Going to get my karaoke on, hell yeah!

No comments: