hi

hi

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

102

102 degrees with one little tiny fan and no A/C.

Had a really bad night sleep. Upstairs neighbor was having some bedspring issues for an hour and a half.

Braided my hair again. Drank lots of water.

Went to school at around 4:50 to scan the paper planes. Sadly I only got one in and then the library closed. Talked to Amanda till 5:30 and then I left for Yoga.

Thankfully Yoga has a shadow from the building, otherwise it would have been intolerable. Very warm and toasty. Some cute babies were about. My mind wasn't quite in it today.

Afterwards, I stepped into the Art Direction class for the last hour and a half. There were only two critiques left. Mackenzie's mock Reader's Digest had already been discussed. Didn't mind. I wasn't asked to say anything. It was interesting to see all my classmates illustrations. Karen's one was nice but it didn't quite fit the body of the article (not her fault) nor did it seem like the person who chose her had any idea why a person would pick Karen. As in, if I wanted a bold poster design with type I would go for Karen. If I wanted a painted still life of food, I wouldn't go for Karen. Dominic's fit perfectly. It was about brewing beer. Very light hearted. J's was a nice illustration but it didn't fit the style of the rest of the article.

After that, Wes Youssi gave a little slide show of his art and design. He did the cover for Umberto Eco's The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana. It was cool. He was nice. There was A/C and drinks and treats. The sun had gone down by the time I left school but it was still, very believably hot.

Rest of the night was a dead space of watching Eureka and Buffy. It doesn't drop below 80 for the next 10 days.

No comments: