hi

hi

Friday, July 31, 2009

can't even do songs that don't require a key

Even drunk, I am fully aware that I can't carry a tune. But I guess I'll start at the start.

Went out in the bright day to run some errands. A couple things needed buying from a certain shop up on 23rd. The people in the store were very nice, very helpful. They let me get as much as I wanted to get and didn't load me down with salesman trickery. And if they did, well it didn't feel like they did.

After that, made a quick stop at Trader Joe's. Fantastic amount of A/C there. Just lovely.

The rest of the day was spent in hiding from the sun.

At around 8, I put on a nicer outfit for Tom's birthday. Katie did my makeup. I'm hopeless with makeup. Never learned. She did a smoky eye. At first it was startling to see me with that much goop on my face but I grew used to it. I undid my braids and tousled my hair.

We were the first to arrive at The Ambassador. First after Tom. I gave him a card and a To(m)blerone. Started off with a Long Island Iced Tea. It wasn't the best one I'd had. All the drinks I ordered were meh. A lot of people showed up, even Tom's mom Carla. She was delightful. The twins Kurt and Kody were there. Everyone was nice even though I was meeting half of them for the first time. The karaoke queue was long. Katie sung Hey Jude and later she and Tom did Under Pressure together. I put Rock Lobster in under my name and by the time the song rolled around I was more drunk than I was aware. I don't think I did Rock Lobster all that well but the large table of people I was with sung with me and carried what I couldn't. Uhg. Karaoke is fun to watch but I don't think it is my thing so much. Heh.

It was fun, even with my poor performance. After we were to Kurt and Kody's for a little after party. They had a really nice cat. I sort of napped a little bit (yeah right, napped). Kurt and Kody are Katie's old old long time friends. They act as well and were in a Disney channel movie. They have a really nice cat. Eventually Katie, Gabe and I went home. I cleared my bed of the standard debris and curled up all cozy and fell asleep for good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock Lobsters so flat, can't miss. Good for you. She doebedoebledo boop. ahe doebedoebledot boop. Now, you can't keep up with that. But don't look under the rock. But watch out for the giant clam. It's only a rock lobster. You've got to come up for a jellyfish sandwich. see you soon. Dad