hi

hi

Sunday, June 7, 2009

port townsend picnic

Got up at 9:30 so I could figure out the picnic details. Mom had skittered off to a meditation thing at the Seabeck Conference Grounds for an hour so I had to wait for her return to tell people the plan. Played Plants vs Zombies. Still trying to figure out the save function.

The plan went down as such: at 12:30 we would set out for Fort Worden. Jeanette and Liam were about fifteen minutes behind us. Celia would arrive at 3ish after a meeting. Dorothy and Dan would show when we got there (they have the benefit of living in Port Townsend). Ma, Pa, and myself would visit the grandparents after the picnic.

It was cold so I brought my sweater and coat. Then it warmed up. It warmed and cooled through the day but overall wasn't that bad. We grabbed a table by the beach and put out a cloth and some of our food. Jeanette and Liam arrived and brought chilled soba noodle salad that was delicious! Mom bought a kite and Liam frolicked with it. We chowed down and soon enough Dorothy and Dan showed. We caught up on recent travels, finals, what everyone is up to. Ma made apple pie. Dorothy offered to share her slice but Dan took his own. Good thing because they finished both their piece. It was delicious. We played a little bocce. Liam won. Kid has a good arm. He is also freakishly tall for 6.

Celia didn't arrive till after Jeanette and Liam had headed out. We hugged and hugged some more. Her new hairdo is nice, would like to see it styled. Looks a bit like the second free haircut I got (I've gotten three now). Dad napped on the beach a little and later Celia and Mom napped while Dad, Dan, Dorothy, and Drill-I mean Trill- sat at the picnic table and nibbled on the remainders of the meal.

Eventually, around 5, we packed things up and parted ways. It was a wonderful day. A nice little meal, nice little company. Many hugs.

After we went to Mats Mats and visited grandma and grandpa Spencer. I was barely in the door before they gave me $2 for my comic. Hurray! Eight bucks later and I will make back the paper costs. We all we given another Klondike bar. Mmm! Pa was starting to drift to sleep pretty quick so we cut it short a little early.

I napped on the way back and have since woken myself up by watching The Tonys and catching up on the internet.

A lovely little visit. And people really noticed how long my hair has become.

No comments: