hi

hi

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

on a boat






When I woke up no one was around. Mom eventually showed up and scrambled some eggs and reheated some potatoes. We all nibbled it and had a great breakfast while lounging on the lawn. Afterwards we played bocce. Dad was on my team. Mom won.

I am almost to level five on Plants vs Zombies! Exciting! I unlocked the puzzles. Wheee.

Mom left for work. Dad cleaned the boat. At around 3:30 we packed up snacks and headed out for Bremerton. The sailboat was looking good. Helped put it all together. I stood in the water and held the rope while lowering the boat into the water. We were at Lions Park. Mostly uninhabited.

The current took us pretty far away from our goal. When we got our sails up we were getting some good wind but it was just enough to keep us static. No more forward than backward. With aid from the motor we putted forward towards Evergreen Park.

In the boat were a couple of those squirt guns that are just like large needles where you stick it in water, pull the plunger back and fill it with water and then push it and out the water goes. I had fun filling and ejecting them out over the Puget Sound. Dad enjoying spraying one in a long arc that went across my face. He started it! I got him back real good. Hahahahh!

There was a picnic that occupied most of the park. I skirted around it and found the toilet. So dingy. So public toilet esque. Mom showed up and we hopped on the boat and went to the Boat Shed; a restaurant with a dock you can pull up to. We tied up and got a spot on the outside with a view of our boat. Dad had a burger, mom had the salad special, and I had the fish and chips (cod). Delicious! Mine was very light and filling. We scarfed it down. Dad finished moms. The waiter was very good at keeping us over hydrated.

After the meal we dropped mom at the park and we met her at Lions Park. She helped dad set the boat up while I relaxed. An ice cream truck came by but none of the parents coughed up any dough. Went home with dad, mom followed close behind. Got back at around 9:30. Long day on the water. Mmm.

No comments: