hi

hi

Thursday, March 12, 2009

another week has sailed by

We had four constructions that took up the whole of class. I got the equilateral, equiangular square while trying to make the triangle. Jen helped me with the triangle. Robin helped me with the octagon. I got the hexagon with Shaun's help. Took a lot of work.

Relaxed in the library. Made some photocopies.

Had another student leadership meeting. We talked about council and the state of things. It was a lot of talking about how to prevent people from attacking us when really a lot of awesome things are happening in the school thanks to Student Council. I got a slice of apple pie and a smoothie for lunch. Mmmm.

I chilled in the library for the rest of the break. Terry, Terry's man, Nathalie, Jen, Karen and I all made a little cohort consuming the couches. Jen and Terry played their cards. Like race card and gender card and location card. I don't know why but it was a jovial little time.

For the first half of digital tools we watched documentaries about current artists who are making it big as illustrators. Sadly most of their advice boiled down to, "I just did what I wanted to do and I got famous. Whooo!!" So I just need to do what I do and get it out there I guess. We worked on another little digital project. Repainting a building from a photo. I am doing it of one of the Belgium comic walls. The one by Herge where the cop is looking through the fence at the two kids. It is neat. It looks good thus far.

Jen and I went out for a late lunch. I had a burrito. Mmmm. We walked around in the chilly weather. We caught the 7:40 showing of Waltz with Bashir. I had no idea of the history. The music was powerful. The animation was fitting. It was a beautiful work, tragic because we see some of those images so commonly in news but they don't resonate. There is no story or attachment but this movie creates it. Faceless devastation isn't so much...

We hugged and hobbles back. Got back so late. Now is the time to go to bed early. I have a lot of comic catch up to play this weekend.

I hope you have been enjoying all the art I have been posting. I'll try to keep it up.

No comments: