hi

hi

Sunday, March 8, 2009

fancy pizza only

Today:

Got up and got right to it. Set up a queue of movies and TV and sketched and painted. 3 episodes of Arrested Development, Pulp Fiction, and half of Frost/Nixon later I had completed my piece for Illustration. It is dominantly a shade of turquoise with slight changes in the bottom and on the underwear. I had fun doing the white lace details. It took a while but I got it done and I am pretty happy with it.

Then I moved on to thumbnailing my comic. All the panels will be some variation of 3x2 so that I can get them to fit together. So I will do it in waves. Thumbnail a chunk. Sketch a chunk. Draw a chunk. Repeat. Not as much as I should have gotten done but I HAVE started.

Now I am eating a nice penne dinner. Mmmm penne and garlic pasta sauce.

Yesterday:

Got up bright an early for a full day of drawing and mini golf under black lights. First up was meeting Jen and people at the library for Illustration Drawing Club. Jen and I talked about Watchmen while waiting for Daniel to show. Robin was lagging behind but we set out anyway. We set out to a coffee shop four blocks away. We talked about travels and thesis and Dave McKean while drawing the scene. Robin showed up and joined us and got a good sketch in. Jen has such neat lines. Daniel had a nice bush pen on hand. I fell back on my usual colored pens.

I wish that I had my life drawing system down when I went to Amsterdam and Brussels.

We did that for about an hour and a half and then we parted. Jen treated Robin and I to Taken at Pioneer Place. It was freeeeeezing cold. We not so much freezing as I had dressed light. The mall was nice and warm. Taken was still awesome even in the PG-13 cut. Just a couple more violent scenes were changed or removed. Nothing too bad. It was still brutal and awesome with Liam Neeson kicking butt all over the place.

Jen left for Borders and Robin and I went back to the Goose to work. She walked a brisk pace and I huffed and puffed to keep up with her. I am just not a walker at all.

For the next couple hours I kicked back and did not much of anything.

Then 5:30 rolled around and it was time for Black Light Mini Golf, courtesy of PNCA Student Housing! Whooo!! It was a place under the Hilton. It was pirate/spooky themed. The black light added a lot of depth. Robin, Jaymee, and two others whose name escapes me formed one group and Amanda, Robert, Karen and I formed the other. I actually did farely well and was under parr for two holes (and one I got in 2 and it was a Parr 4!). It wasn't the largest of courses but it was still pretty fun. Robert won with a very impressive 7. Diana showed up about one fourth of the way in and joined our crew. After mini golf we all had Pizza Schmiza. Not the best of pizzas but free pizza is awesome pizza. Robin pouted when we wanted not exciting pizza. One cheese and one fancy kind was ordered. She is a self admitting food snob.

We split into two groups on the way back. Amanda, Robin and Diana walked back. The rest of us took the max. There was one scooting by about 4 blocks away and Robert bolted. We didn't see if he caught it but a later message from him proved that he did. That boy can run. I did a jig to keep from freezing. I hung out with Gabe and watched Fight Club and stayed up late watching Fight Club again with commentary by Palahniuk and the screenwriter with Gabe and Katie (I don't quite know why but I had no ambition to do anything else right then). It was a late night so I made my exit by scooting slowly on my stomach backwards into my room. And went to bed without typing a word up of my exploits.

No comments: