hi

hi

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

what runs but never walks and where it goes, thought follows close behind

I had such a good sleep. There was no comic meeting so I just slept in. It was so nice. Mmm. Didn't have to roll out of bed till 10.

Had some issues locking up my bike but we got to class generally on time. Yoshi gave a quick, somewhat failed demo of solvent transfers and then it was a work day. I'm carving an image of Mr Nose from my comic. There is a stripe patter that repeats. I'm only about half carved. I worked on sharpening the tools that Awesome Dorothy gave me. I got off the rust but they still need some work.

Yoshi played two Art 21 DVDs for us. PBS shows about different current artists. Pretty cool stuff. He also showed us a how-to video about how the Japanese master printers do it. So much work for such beautiful craft. Seriously, it is a lot of work. So many blocks and so perfect. Flawless woodblock printing.

Comic Club was a lot of jamming about a girl named Jane. They were rather crude in the majority but they are quick, fun things. I got some mac and cheese and jo-jos from Safeway and I didn't finish them all so they carried me through the whole long day. Good deal.

I stayed in the printing studio for another hour carving. Devin was around and Patrick and Soh Kun. Carve carve carve.

Then yoga! Intense, painful yoga. I couldn't balance at all and I have no arm strength.

Karen came by for House. I drank a lot of water. The week is almost over. Tomorrow will probably have more carving and some Student Meeting. I seem to have a busy weekend coming up. Have to make time for printing. It takes an hour and a half (about) to do 8 nice prints but that is with the pressure set way too high. For the block now, I can't damage it. Hn...

No comments: