hi

hi

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

11 hour day, 10 hour sleep to follow

WHAT A LONG DAY! HOLY COW! Math. Printing. Student Council. Talk to Michael. Printing. Digital Illustration. Printing. THEN HOME! I am so tire and worn down.

Math. I got most of the math homework right! We also did a sample space of dice rolls to see what the empirical data is.

It was snowing as I rode to school. It wasn't sticking in the slightest but still, snow! No!!

After that, Karen and I bee-lined it for the print labs. I bought some paper and inked up a roller and got to it. I bought six 24x18 sheets of paper which yielded two 10x12 pieces and two 8x12 pieces each. 24 sheets of paper to print on and it only cost 12 bucks. Thanks Art Media! I did the first flat color in the time it took from class to council (and into council a little bit).

Student Council was uneventful. Now my duties of Club Coordinator are kicking in. Have some people to email about multiple film clubs. After the meeting I say with Michael Hall and chatted about my responsibilities. He gave me some papers to look over. Afterwards, Daniel approached me about starting a sort of ASL Learning Society. Which would be awesome.

Then I got back to printing. Got another color done in time for class. The rack was quickly filling up with bright orange prints. I will have plenty to give out to friends and family and loved ones and people who want to give me money for them.

Digital Illustration was just for working on our projects. I worked on sketches of the two actors so I could practice getting their look down. They both have very distinct faces and I want to capture that.

Diana and Devin were also printing. There were some quibbles about the pressure. I had it really tight and they had it light. The tightness made the ink come off so smooth and solid and I didn't have to wait for it to build up on my block. I ran out of ink in one color before I got to the actual edition so the 12x8 prints with the blue background will not be quite the same as the 12x10 ones. Different blue. After a grotesque amount of sugar and time, I was ready to go home. 9:30am to 8:30pm work work working.

The chili I had when I got home hit the spot. Except now whenever I get up I groan in pain. I'm so sore. I hurt so bad. Uuhhhg. So much work. At least I'm caught up. Well, not really as I don't even know what I'll be printing on the solid backgrounds.

No comments: