hi

hi

Saturday, February 28, 2009

that's nothin'!

Late night. I'll start at the start.

Slept in. After seeing Nell reading The Mysterious Benedict Society I wanted to pick up a copy for myself at Powell's. There was one hardcover remaining and it was used. Score! Carson Ellis did the illustrations. She visited my illustration class last year. After I picked up the volume I went to Tea Zone and had some tea and a sandwich for a late breakfast/early lunch/big big meal. I sat in there for a good hour and a half reading and nibbling. It was nice.

Afterwards I rode down to 8th and Davis and went to Blue Sky Gallery and said hello to Patrick. I took a gander at the photos in the place and we sat and chatted and looked at YouTube for a while. I waved goodbye and confirmed I would indeed be back for drinks at Huber's later in the night.

I read my book for another hour. It has puzzles and orphan children heroes in it! Whoo! I think you would like it mom. Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. Check it out.

Karen was running late but we all got to school in the end. From there we met up with Patrick and from there we bugged Eva a bit while waiting for the streetcar and from there we took the streetcar to 11th and Alder and from there we walked down to 3rd and from there we went into a nice hotel and found ourselves at Huber's, a nice little place that survived prohibition. I had a mai tai that was huge and delicious and really freaking strong. Patrick had a mint julep and Karen had a long island that wasn't quite. So strong. We ordered some deep fried olives and a Spanish coffee which was prepared and set on fire and was awesome. If all coffee was a show, I might actually drink it. We were there into happy hour so we had some $3 meals and a couple extra drinks. I waited because that mai tai was huge. Before we left I had a sidecar. I was skipping up Davis (or whichever street we were on).

We went back to the Goose, picked up Adam, and went walking to the park up the hill. We wandered and played on the swings and the playground near the zoo. It was well and truly dark but our eyes were well adjusted. It was fun. Patrick crashed on my floor and I sent him out at around 10 this morning. It was a fun night. Sort of a date but not really but sort of. I don't know.

No comments: