hi

hi

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

serious delicious

Saturday Night:

The streetcar was sort of broken down so I decided to walk to the train station. Suddenly it fixed itself and I ran to catch it. A lovely clear night. I read Coma and the train came in on time.

It was a lovely night and having not had any food, Llyw and I went to the Annex. Well, I ate a late dinner so he had a slice of pizza and I just had a few drinks. You would think that a cozy little place like the Annex would be a little more full at 9pm on a Saturday night but a nice little table was open under one of the heaters. We had a, whatchamacallit, Greyhound to start. Delicious. He had another and I had a amaretto and orange juice. Trying things out from advice and suggestions. So sweet, so tasty. It was a brisk but wonderful night as we meandered up 14th back to the Goose.

Sunday:

Damp! Rainy! Well not so bad. We went to Roxy's for breakfast. I had the breakfast sandwich which consisted of two fried eggs, bacon and cheese stuffed between sourdough slices and hash browns on the side. Mmmm. Llyw had corned beef hash and scrambled eggs and hash browns. Big tasty pile of tasty. The waiter was amazing and balanced so many plates on one of his arms.

I was so stuffed. We just meandered around downtown for a while as it started to mist. Picked up a monochromatic Rubik's cube at Finnegan's for my math class. It has a silver side, a black side, a white side, and three grayscale sides. Very awesome. Waltz With Bashir is playing at Fox Tower. We had some hot chocolaty beverages from Moonstruck Cafe and chatted and people watched. We caught the Max back to relax for a while.

The rain came down right as we were getting in. We decided not to see the movie and spent most of the soggy afternoon indoors. At around 7:30 we got hungry again and went out to West Cafe. Well we stopped by Karen's first and said hello and made plans to go out with her and Adam later on. West Cafe was closed. Dumb Sunday Portland. So we picked up chicken and pasta and sauce from Safeway and Llyw made a tasty feast. He powered his way through Scott Pilgrim (is everyone a faster reader than I am?). It was a lovely meal and we filled up quick.

Adam got in quite late. Too late to go to the Annex and Goose Hollow Inn was closed right as we arrived. We all piled into Karen's car and went across the river to Jolly Rogers on Hawthorne. It was called a mild dive bar or something like that. We grabbed a corner booth and ordered a pitcher of something that was too bitter for my tastes. I didn't have much but Karen ordered me a jello shot and that kind of made up the difference (not that it is a competition). The movie Talladega Nights was playing in the bar and I found it funny, but I was also tipsy so it probably wasn't. There was a mishap with Worcester sauce. Fries were ordered and we stuffed our faces. Adam was the designated driver. It was a lovely time just chilling and having a few with friends and laughing a little too hard at a cougar in a race car.

Whoo for 11am classes.

Monday:

Whoo for llam classes. Almost thought I lost my sketchbook for a little bit. Made a thermos full of Earl Gray and made a sandwich from left over lemon chicken. It was raining but not enough to warrant an umbrella. Still I brought one with me. The walk to school was over too quick and I parted from Llyw and jumped straight into class.

Our assignment is to made a 4"x6" card advertising a novelty new shop of sorts. I chose one of the options he gave and that was a cutlery and lingerie shop. I drew up some thumbnails of a sexy lady with knives. Some of them were more illustrations that didn't appear to sell a thing and others got the point across. I'm really excited for the assignment, I have some ideas that I can't wait to execute.

Robin and I navigated the puddles and rain and went to Laughing Planet for lunch. I brought mine but I still caved and had a slice of apple pie. It was good. Karen and Tabitha showed up for lunch and we sat at a table in the back. Rachel Allen was also there and eventually joined us. Natalie and Kristen walked in and also joined us. It was a large awesome table. I talked to Karen about my thumbnails and we read the "I Saw You..." from the newspaper.

Over all too quick, we trudged through the torrential downpour of rain. Robin and I shared my umbrella (which matches my bag).

We critiqued our sketches and came up with better ideas for one another. Robin is doing a tea and laundromat. Dom is doing a skate rink pub. There were a lot of things that were part pub. Kevin's was a dark room pub. It was fun. It will be fun. Two weeks for this assignment, which is a pretty nice amount of time. It took a while to get started but now it is kicking off. I can't even mention Courtney's.

Joe had to rush to the Bay Area for a meeting with Electronic Arts so we were let off early. Robin and I walked home together. Well we caught the streetcar. It was raining after all.

Gabe made potato bread. And with the bits left over he made cinnamon rolls with maple creme cheese frosting. It gave me such a sugar high and I ended up rolling around on the floor giggling for a few minutes. I invited Robin and Karen over (with Gabe's permission) for a sample and they both at first said no because they had homework but I threw some adjectives out and they did come over and both were thrilled. Gabe's sweets will be the death of me and I can take a lot of sweets.

I don't really have classes tomorrow. It is a test study day and Joe is gone so it is just a work day. Lots of work. Need to catch up. Carve my block a little, do some digital sketches, yeah.

No comments: