hi

hi

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

pop your eyes out

I actually did fairly well on the math homework. The dice problems tripped a lot of other people up. We moved on to Venn Diagrams and conditional probability. This time I grabbed a seat on the side of the table that actually faces the white board.

Then it was just a matter of killing time till Student Council. I accidentally photocopied way more comic club posters than I really needed. J followed me around while I canvased the school with them. And I followed her while she put up the Illustration Drawing Club posters. Hers are much nicer than mine. Oh well. I ate half a bagel while practicing my little speech.

The election was interesting. I gave my speech and was very nervous. I can't remember half of what I said. Jeremy gave his. We both were running with very different methods. He ended up being asked a lot more specific questions than I and I think he felt he was being ganged up on. I can see how that was. His tone came across as passionate yet negative while mine was positive. We stepped outside and chatted for a bit about Japan and tattoos. We came back in and it was a tie. 12 to 12 with 5 abstaining. He withdrew, deciding he didn't want to be a part of it. I'm the Student Clubs Coordinator. We got more yoga mats! And a piano!

Afterwards I talked to Rachel about my position. I hung out in the print studio a bit with Robin and then Karen and I retired to a lab to work on our digital projects. Mine are slightly scribbly messes but still cool. The critique about them went on for about an hour and a half. Sometimes he gave a demo with the pieces. Not with mine though. Actually I think mine was one of about two that he didn't demo with. Hmmn. After our little break we played around in Corel and he introduced the new assignment (which is to send in ideas for assignments).

Gabe made spicy chicken and rice and fauxconut milk sauce curry stuff. It was really good and the spice cleared my sinus right up. And I had a tall, cool glass of milk with it. I did some sketches of Gabe and Katie playing Mario Kart. Outside of that I spent the night working on my comic and trying to get as much stuff as possible written out. It still isn't enough. I have no clue how to write or even start thinking about writing.

I really wish this was the proper Graphic Novel course.

No comments: