hi

hi

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

fire! food! firefood!

The comic meeting was most fruitful. I think we should meet a little earlier than only having 45 minutes to discuss but oh well. Lacey is all thumbnailed, August has clear designs, and Maddison seems on the right track. I didn't have as much to show as I would have liked but I have many characters to design and I'm starting from scratch. Everyone else had something in place.

I went to the library to get one of Mamet's books that Daniel suggested. The other book, City of Glass, was nowhere to be seen. It must have been misplaced or improperly checked out.

Printmaking was long long long. Yoshi went over some process things and we went to check out a printmaking show at a gallery. There were some cool litho prints of TV show character housing schematics. One was Frasier's apartment, that puppy is huge. Yoshi and Tom's class combined for the walk to the gallery so I chatted with Madeline. Some of the prints just oozed people well received because of the makers name. We also got to look at a few Picasso's.

We broke for lunch. Madeline and I went to Tea Zone. I had my standard iced Purple Mountain's Majesty and panini. She only had a little sweety thing. It was a nice lunch but I should have gone to Quizno's. I got really hungry not soon after.

After lunch was the critique. Hours and hours repeating some of the same stuff about texture and quibbling over if something does and doesn't work. There were some nice pieces and some okay pieces. A nice little variety. It went by slowly. Can't believe it took almost 2 hours to get through about 10 prints. I nodded off during Yoshi's lecture but I snapped to it when he told me to wake up. He introduced the next project, which is a 2 color print with a solid color in the background and an image over it.

After class, I took a substantial nap in the library. Phil sat on the couch that I was curled up on and he nicely tapped me when it was 6:20, time for yoga!

Oh man, Yoga was tough. We didn't do child's pose at all so by the end I was shaking and unable to hold anything. I wonder why I'm so good at bridge though, seems like the only thing that I can do.

Gabe made fried chicken and mashed potatoes and collared greens! The stove caught fire when he was cooking! We tossed baking soda on it and it went out! But all the smoke! Took us forever to fan it out and get the alarm to shut up! The chicken and potatoes were lovely but the collared greens were not my thing. A little slimy.

Oh my, did you guys watch the new Lost?? I really like this season.

No comments: