hi

hi

Saturday, January 3, 2009

baby got a new set of tires

After a long morning of waking up and sleeping for an hour and waking up and sleeping for another hour and waking up and sleeping for another hour, I managed to get out of the house in time to get the tubes and tires for my bike. I wheeled my poor, deflated baby down 10th towards the Bike Gallery. The nice man who helped me when I came in during the snow was there and got me set up with the tubes and tires. I have some awesome Kevlar reinforced tires with a decent amount of tread but not really intense, mountain bike tread. With the tubes, tires, and the labor fee it came in at around $96, which was $54 dollars under my budget! The guy who helped me was really nice about finding something for my budget and not trying to persuade me to go higher. The other nice guy who put them on advised that I will be needing new brake pads soon. All in all, a pretty nice trip to the shop. They offer free repair training classes so I think I'll take them up on it.

After I got my bike in wheeling state, I rode it around downtown. Took it to Powell's and treated myself to a couple bargain books (two John Hodgman books and a facsimile of the original published Sherlock Holmes stories priced at an amazing $10). It was crowded but there were plenty of cashiers so the line moved. Outside I gave a buck to the nice Street Roots man. As I left it started hailing but it didn't bother me much because I had my bike back! Whee!

Bought some much needed toilet paper. I got back to the Goose right as the office closed. I have three packages that I will pick up tomorrow.

Katie and her friend Gabe stopped by the drop off some preliminary moving in boxes. She seemed pretty thrilled about the apartment.

Kristen and Kris were throwing a little fondue shindig tonight so I set out on Big Red once again. The only other person who attended was her friend Alex but we still had a jolly time dipping and joking. I favored the bananas while Kris dared some cheesepuffs and carrots. Kristen gave me a shirt she no longer wanted and we played games online. It was cozy. Oh and they have an apartment right near the door so I tapped on their window to announce my arrival, instead of calling or buzzing. Heh.

Now to eat a regular, non chocolate banana and read and sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - those must be good tires. I hope you know how much air they need and keep 'em inflated properly. A maintenance class sounds like it would be good. Take it easy. Have fun.

JS