hi

hi

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

volver

Woke up bright and early. Way too early. Hot shower, mmmm. Rubie made french toast and packed me a little lunch for the train. The train was half an hour late and I was about half an hour early. The wait went fast enough anyway.

I sat next to a nice lady named Naomi. She wants to run her own salon. We chatted a little bit and then I took a nap.

I climbed into a van cab right as a large family emerged and a small cab pulled up. If they were a little earlier than they could have taken the van and I would have gone with the four door. It is a nice, chill and clear day in Portland.

The lock on my door is magically working again! Hurray! There were lots of moldy and generally spoiled items left in the fridge that needed cleaning out. The cleaners had been and so my place smells fresh. It is empty and quiet and relaxing. The mess I left was mostly just surface damage and a few trashbags later, my place is looking almost neat.

I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was long but well paced with clean effects. I think the second half was a little bit overly sad and predictable and lost the excitement the first half did. Some parts I would have liked a little more time with but overall I enjoyed it and left the theatre feeling moved.

The stroll home along the Park blocks was lovely. Called Jim and Jason to see what's up. Went to Safeway to start adding to my food collection.

I'm sleepy and have a long day ahead of me. Well a long morning.

No comments: