hi

hi

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years (and happy me)

Work:

Was long. Sabrina was supposed to help with markdowns but she was sick so I had to do the entirety of sale in girls and boys. I was surprised how alert I was but like always I tend to crash at the noon mark. Got the gards in the back and all that done. It was really efficient. Everyone was pleased. Faye came in and did baby and helped in the back. Steve and people like my new shoes but there might be a quibble from Paula. They need to be broken in a little, still stiff (the shoes). Nothing else new to report.

Nap:

Was good and long.

The Date:

Was wonderful! He picked me up when he said he would (well I called after my nap and told him to come pick me up and his time estimate was correct). Jason took me to Montage, which I highly suggest for Adam and Karen because it is in the same district as Adam's studio. Well in general it was delicious. It was crowded and we were on a table for six with a couple on either side of us. Had to shout a little but it was fun. The art on the walls was nice. I took a chance and ordered the slightly spicy macaroni and cheese. I won't conquer my weakness of spicy foods unless I be more adventurous with my eating. Next to us was a jovial couple and all around were many celebrations.

After dinner we went for dessert at The Pied Cow in the Belmont Street district (near where Lindsay moved). I had the chocolate cheesecake. It was much quieter but still none the less cozy and eclectic. The waitstaff was wonderful.

Still not wanting the date to end we went for a night walk to Laurelhurst Park. The fog off the pond picked up the glow of the lamps and it was overall quiet and nice. We strolled and talked about names and school and traveling (he's been to India and Germany). My feet started to hurt from the heels I was wearing so we went back to his car. It was a long walk balk but the neighborhood was full of quaint, Victorian houses.

We wanted to watch some fireworks but in returning to my place and Googling, it turns out there wasn't any on the Willamette. What the hell? So we stayed in and watched In Bruges because In Bruges is a great movie. Midnight came around and 1am came around. It was a really wonderful first date.




Oh, also, the cool thing about Montage is that when they wrap up your take away they make it look like a different animal (or object). Jason's was a Snail and mine was a Crab.

No comments: