hi

hi

Thursday, November 20, 2008

time table/party time

Today has been really busy for a Wednesday. Remember when Wednesday was just "ohh I got up at 1, it was nice, yeaaah."

Well work, for just four hours, seemed like a lot. A couple times the desk got really packed with people. A nice accented lady didn't quite get the concept of buying a jacket for a kid at the adult store. A German man bought some great shirts. A lady who we tried to be helpful with (maybe overly so but she seemed like she was going to buy something) asked us if we were doing so because she was black. My first accusation of semi-racism while working a retail job! Hurray! It was just me working sales so I was pretty busy with greeting and putting things away. I think I did a good job serving the customer. Made a little mistake in the cash department but that was voided. Got to use a walkie talkie to call Gloria forward a couple times. I had it clipped to my pants and all that jazz. Working with Steve and Gloria is nice, I don't feel as afraid or intimidated and thus I can work a little more smoothly and without anxiety. I had my eye on this medium sweater for a certain little kid but then some lady bought it. I need to jump on the sale racks a little sooner. A lot of things were not marked down, oooohhh!!! Guess it takes longer than five hours to do that job.

The max paused just long enough to let people off. I was running towards it and the lady closed the doors and I waved and she waved back as she started moving. More often than not, the max drivers pause for runners. It would have set her back five seconds to do a good deed. What a grumpy woman, no karma for her!

I didn't do yoga. I got back at around 6:30 and to get to school for it, I would have missed half the session. It sucks but I was also very exhausted from work. A little downtime was all I needed to kick it with Robin and Karen at the Illustration Party!! All us majors got together in a room and mingled while our work and teachers work was displayed around us. There wasn't enough bad work to go around (the teachers were supposed to put their stuff up). Madeline was there and I indicated several people of mention and notoriety. I knew mostly everyone there so I felt pretty jolly with myself about that. In no order, with a few exclusions due to faulty memory, those present were: Charlie, James, Karen, Robin, Jen, Daniel, Maddison, Bryan, Bryan's Girl, John, Farel, Joseph, Alex, Madeline, Annie, Martin, Daniela, Chad, Dominic, Janessa, Janessa's Boy, Leo, Jason, Terry, Natalie, and Matt. I'm forgetting at least four people, but it was a sizable crew. Yeah Illustrators, we rock!

A little Pictionary was played. Karen, Robin, Jen, and I cornered Daniela to find out more about our newest teacher. Cornered? Surrounded? Something between those two. I found out that if she were stranded on a desert island and could have only one fast food place, it would be Burgerville.

Karen drove us (being Robin and I) there and drove us back. We all hung out together and griped and chatted. I interrupted Karen a little bit but I don't think she felt too frustrated or mad at me about it. Did she? Did you Karen?

Afterwards, we hung out at Diana and Robin's. Diana wore a TOTALLY mismatched red stripey shirt with green plaid bottoms. What was she thinking?? Geeze, honestly.

I managed to get my response written and posted early so that is taken care of for Friday. Gathered my implements for tomorrow. I have a lot of errands that need running in my four hour window. It goes like this:
11:00 meet with Martin.
11:30 go to Trader Joes (apples, tea, bread, pasta)
12:00 Key Bank
12:15 Home
12:25 Banana Bread
1:45 take Banana Bread out of oven (take time to relax and eat lunch, possibly consume some gnocchi and Gorgonzola from Trader Joe's)
2:30 (no later than) go to PGE to pay electric bill
arrive at PNCA before 3:15, ready to paint Keanu and be awesome!!

No comments: