hi

hi

Sunday, November 16, 2008

circles to circles

Well work was great. It went really fast. I was kept busy. For a part I tidied up the denim and made sure to ask everyone if they needed anything. I need to be better about pointing out sales but I don't quite know where they are yet. Mel and Melissa stopped by after they had some fun spending the discount at Old Navy. Steve and I talked about Star Trek. There was a few times of about 20 minute stretches of constant helping and after I was just WOOOOH and exhaled. It was exhilarating and working with Steve and Gloria is wonderful. Some days and times are just better than others. It was clearly a busy time and they needed my help. I think I handled myself well, I just smiled and did my best. Sadly I left a woman on hold for a very long time. That was my main mistake. I bought something for someone (a gift for someone Gap Kids appropriate). Here's hoping it fits and if it doesn't, well that is what gift receipts are for.

It was straight home, straight into party clothes, and then straight to the pre Thanksgiving. I wore my nice dark blue dress with a pink sash and some heels that I can't quite walk in. I was the first to arrive, followed by Phil and then Robin, Melina, and Diana. Adam and Karen cooked a lot and so much food was laid out. Karen's friend Adam was there with his twin roommates Kody and Kurt. Jim arrived with some of Adams friends whose names I forget but there were two of them. And we all fit in Karen's apartment! Lots of chairs stuffed together. I shared the comfy chair with Adam for a bit and then later shared it with Jim. It took a while to get the conversation rolling but eventually we did. Apples to Apples was played. Robin beat us all. People left in small clusters and once it was down to the core group the conversation turned to weird stuff and then politics and then I developed a huge headache. I hear so much of this same circular dialogue, I would like to hear something new.

Jim and I walked to the Max and chatted about school and whatnot. Very chilly night. When I came back it was just Adam, Diana and Karen. Diana and Karen were in a heated debate or conversation or dialogue about something. Adam and I talked about art and where he could potentially take his glass within the contexts of art right now. I told him about installation art and he seemed to really dig it, like it opened up this new possibility for his creation. I like talking about artistic creation with him; it's a fresh perspective.

My banana bread wasn't really consumed, but I will bring it to class next week and people will enjoy it then.

No comments: