hi

hi

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

playmobil, how I love thee

Ma, Pa, and Nate arrived safe and sound. Their train arrived early. I was lagging behind because the Max I was on had malfunctioning doors so we ended up meeting at the crosswalk at 1st and Everett. Dad was easy to spot, Nathan and Mom less so. We hugged and boarded the next train so they could check into their hotel. We crammed shoulder to shoulder in with our bags and portable cooler, thankfully the stop for their hotel was the one at the Convention Center. Dad scored a room at the Holiday Inn and they are on the quiet floor. No children allowed. We settled in and watched some TV (Cash Cab and a bit of Star Wars). Mom shoved snacks at us and we left to board the Max to go to my place.

We settled on having Bellagio's for dinner instead of eating out. We had the Garlic Chicken and it was good. We played Scattergories and Mom bested Nate by a few points. After that game, Nathan stayed behind reading comics while we went to Safeway to get the stuff I neglected to buy earlier. Udon, gravy, pie, tinfoil, and ice cream were ours!! Dad and I enjoyed some ice cream, he had chocolate sauce and I had this lavender honey that Adam and Karen made. Mmmm!! Mom was getting yawny so they all left early. Probably going to watch TV on their big screen. Ma and Pa are so adorable. Dad showed off some scratches he got from a battle with a thorny bush.

I slept way way in and had to drop off one of my three destinations. I opted for clay and comics (and not Trader Joe's). The clay was put into a backpack and by the time I was done my shoulders were an achey mess. I also got tissue, a new crooked liner brush, and some small watercolor paper. I stepped into Big Finnegan's (it is next door to Art Media) to see if they had Munchkin (they didn't) and walked out with a travel Scattergories set and a Playmobil Bicycle Policeman toy. I got the toy mainly because, for some reason, he had a gun. And it was cheap. In line I saw the most marvelous thing: a Playmobil Advent Calendar. Three different kinds of them! Each day you get a different toy for a set and there was a knight set, a princess one, and a pirate set. I really want the pirate set. They were not badly priced and I probably will rush out and get one once I decided I REALLY NEED one. Playmobils are the best toy because they include every profession and possible set.

Floating World Comics proved to be a cornucopia of must-haves. And with my discount I got a great deal on the pile I did buy. I got Tekkonkinkreet because I have been wanting it for a while, a slim Grant Morrison/Philip Bond, a collection of Becky Cloonan shorts, the new volume of Exterminators, and the new issue of The Boys. And it all came in $30 cheaper than you probably think it is!

Exhausted, I rode my bike to the Max and with the time I had I decided to just go home instead of circling by Trader Joe's. Which worked out for the better because everyone came in earlier than I thought.

No comments: