hi

hi

Friday, November 28, 2008

Mom Makes Magnificet Meat

Climbed into bed and then I remembered that I had totally forgot to write! Oops!

I was up way before everyone arrived and managed to put away the dishes, watch the new episode of House, wash some more dishes, and get everything in general order for the day.

The turkey took four hours and while waiting we played a game of Munchkin. I almost won but Nathan succeeded. Mom was willing to let me win but that isn't so much fun when you know it is going down. Dad made us some scrambled eggs and cheese. Mmm! After Munchkin we sat about and read and talked. I worked on my puppet and did a few prelimiary casts. It works! Sort of! Still needs some fine tuning and practice but in general I think this system will work for the structure of it.

We had a pretty standard Thanksgiving of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, salad, and home made apple cider. It was all very good and filling. My taste has broadened and I enjoyed the salad very much. All the left overs are going to be sticking around in my fridge so I shall be well fed for the next week. All that work culminated in a sort of quick, early afternoon feast.

It was followed by some more time spent reading and eating chocolate. We all gathered together and watched Black Sheep. I made popcorn and explained my process so that the joy of pan popcorn can be spread far and wide. Mom and Dad and Nate seemed to like the movie regardless of its violence. Whee!

Thanksgiving was nice. A simple little dinner and just about us getting together and enjoying it. Nothing too stressful. It was nice. Except for me not winning Munchkin.

No comments: