hi

hi

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Level, hurrah!

In indication of my feast picture, Morgan said it was "A level work". It was the first thing I thought of after knowing not to do anything to do with food. We spent a lot of time talking and on break. We talked about chickens and owls and animals and hunting and killing your own meat. We also went over our portraits and pointed out some of the best likenesses (my Heather got mention as did Natalie and Lacey's portraits of each other). The last 45 minutes was just to draw Kate and draw it nicely. I worked on scribble shading and some contour. A very easy way to go into break.

We went over the exact same websites in History of Design. No one had the heart to tell her so we saw the same work and the same websites and heard all the same dribble. Karen and I played silent 20 questions (I was Cillian Murphy and a tee shirt, she was a blender) and also played a few sadistic games of hangman where we went to great lengths to draw the figures as we waited for each other to guess the very difficult words.

Student council is really good at sorting things out when there are only 10 people in attendance.

The critique in painting went smoothly enough. The jaw was too narrow and the cheekbones too high to be Keanu but it was very dynamic. James' looked more like him and was much softer. Jen cut her Clint Eastwood out and it was striking and awesome. She pasted it onto black paper and the whole combination just worked. After the uneventful critique, Farel's friend Zachary Flagg Baldus came to class and showed us his work. He went to SVA and has had a pretty solid seeming career since then. Lots of variance and commissions. He works in between computers and traditional a lot. His whole portfolio was so smooth and with a real clear idea as to how he wanted to present things. He used Seamus, a PNCA alumni whose last name begins with an H but I can't remember the rest, as a photo reference. Same dude who taught me how to bind books, small world eh? Our final is still unassigned for that class.

It had stopped-OH DANG I FORGOT THE CLAY AGAIN!! Tomorrow, I'll get it tomorrow. Yes.

My shift tomorrow has been cancelled so I can stay up late and sleep in! I could have done the morning thing but it is nice to have that burden off my shoulders. It gave me time to clean up my apartment. It doesn't look really like my place without the clutter but it probably is better for my lungs (the cough I get from dust has returned). I put up some more art work and put away the dishes and scrubbed the counters and sanitized stuff. My place is ready for Thanksgiving, now all the parents (and Nate) have to do is bring the grub!

No comments: