hi

hi

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

not Gap enough

Rough day at work. I operate best at the "tell me what to do and I will do it" type of chores. So I did it. This was my first time working off the sheets and I had no idea where most of the things I was looking for were. Took me ages to find a bloody fair isle set of mittens and the belts that are tucked away (no wonder they are marked down, no one can see them and thus no one will buy them). That wasted a lot of time so when it came to marking down the sale racks (continually, I know I'll be marking the same striped shirts down next week) it ran over the allotted time. Markdowns are supposed to take five hours and should have taken Brandon and I two and a half each. It took me about four and a half hours and he spent three. Argh. Paula told me that it seemed like I had been taught three different ways to do it and asked why it took me so long. I mentioned how much time was spent trying to find things when I'm still not familiar with the store (because they have me doing markdowns for most of my work and its the same sale racks and I'm not allowed to roam the floor much but I have a cashier shift this Saturday and it is during a sale, scary!!). Her last comment was a, "you can't wear those shoes again" in regards to my dirty white Chucks. Sadly those are my "clean" Chucks. Now I have to see if my Sketchers and not so obvious that I can wear them (we can't wear nonGap obvious shoes, Converse are sold at Gap). Damnit! So yeah, I wear a men's size 5 and a women's size 7 in Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars. Black is a good color but I'll accept anything really. Then again, Christmas is ages away and I have lots of work to do. I'll probably use my discount on a pair from The Gap. My designated "work shoes". It was a crummy shift. I can only go so fast when repricing a crammed rack. OH and Paula didn't like the radio I had on. Mariane liked it and Brandon didn't seem to mind. She came in and was all, "This is all mellow, where's the Beyonce? We should get our blood pumping!" Jazz is much better than Hannah Montana. Paula is nice but the way she phrases things isn't the way I'd phrase things.

Oh! And this lady was asking for boys sizes of this jacket and telling me about how all the girls jackets were under stuffed and of lesser quality because girls are not expected to play or be in the weather as long as boys. I said, trying to be nice, how girls fashion has more layers, but she wouldn't let it go. Everyone who helped her in the quest for that size 12 heard about how bad the girl jackets were. The last twenty minutes of my shift was spent at the register helping a person after another and trying to sort out all that code stuff. Karen you lied, it doesn't tell you what to do!!

I was glad for that shift to be over. It rained all day and I was nicely damp on both my Max rides.

Inked and colored my Jet Ski Pirates. Inked in what I had sketched for my comic. It just needs a few panels sketched and colored. It is a lot of work to be done tomorrow ontop of other stuff but I think I'll go for a minimal, solid color palette over a highly rendered one. I'm not being lazy, solid colors are tricky as well because you have to be more choosey!

I put on my rain pants for the journey to yoga. I am so dedicated to getting bent. Yeah! There were about 12 people during this session. Esteban was there, Olivia called me Trillium but as I couldn't remember her name until someone mentioned her later, I didn't correct her at the time. Getting the jist of it is swell enough. I have no muscle definition whatsoever. I don't know where my muscles went. Hopefully they will come back.

I treated myself to some Bellagio's pizza for dinner (and it will carry over to Breakfast and Dinner tomorrow). So warm, so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you want to hear my easiest tip for dealing with people? Agree with everything they say. Taking too long pricing? Yes, I was shocked too at how long it took me. Girls coats not as good as boys? It is a crime and a scandal!It takes less energy than arguing and people like their observations acknowledged. Then they can move on. love ya, -lp