hi

hi

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

homework crunch

I went to 10 full TBA shows. That is twice as many as tickets are allotted to me from the school. Only four of my teachers gave me tickets and I payed for two of the shows I went to. So that is 8 shows on the PNCA's dime which seems worth what was paid for them. Yeah. Now I can enjoy my afternoons.

My prints were in the back, just a little tucked away. Silly me, should have looked harder. Chelsey didn't bring my tube. Saw Cidney again. Mel and Melissa are too cute a couple. Watching them interact just makes you go, "awww!!"

After school I went to Powell's to draw people for my painting homework. I did four pages of sketches, one was just this guy who had a dynamic nose and was reading, another was more of an interior scene of the coffee shop (I had an iced tea, it was a hot day), and the last two pages were just quick caricatures of the patrons. I wandered around looking for more spots to sit and draw but all I found was a Shepard Fairy art book for a great price. It isn't the Supply and Demand one that I have from the library. E Pluribus Venom has a strong focus in his recent design work prior to his Obama Hope poster. I love it. It's a good printing quality as well. Anyway yeah, I got that and then went home to do homework.

I popped in the Wire and that accompanied me in the many hours it took to copy the figure drawing homework as well as through finalizing the Powell's sketches with ink outlines.

I went over to Robin and Diana's so I could do the second half of the homework, which was to take the examples and use the stickish figure measurements for representations of real people. I drew Robin reclining and once Diana finished her drawings, she posed. I also drew Cecine later on in the night. Diana and I chatted about lots of topics. I also painted two of the coffee shop drawings in with solid washes. I am very pleased with how they turned out. Go me.

So yeah, homework TV and homework. I also did some reading from the design books. This is the first week without TBA so now I have more time in the evenings to spend getting a jump start on my assignments, instead of just a reasonable start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monday sounded like a good day. Good for you for completing the TBA and keeping up with the rest of the work. Are you ever going to do a print with the plate we got in Brussels?

JS